On the QT

Sunday, November 20, 2005


MVRL IS LIKE JANUS AND SO ARE THE RAMS

As I said in my second to last blog, this week is crucial. And at 4:21 PM, I feel like the old Greek mythology goddess Janus. She waas two-headed, if you recall, with one face looking backward and one looking forward.

I keep watching Marc D.'s team from the left on the web site scoreboard, and mine on the right side. He's opened up an 11-point lead, thus my look of fright. Meanwhile my Seahawks' D keep giving up scads of yardage to the powerless 49-ers. Thus, my dejected look and closed eyes as in the picture on the right.

It looks like a bad ending to another week of big points for me sans Cowboys. Bledsoe isn't even so-so with 110 yards in the air. Additionally, the Rams lost to the Cardinals. But I guess they were overdue having won only 1 of their last 25 road games. Are you putting me on?

I thought of calling my blog Vitt as in Quit. The Rams can't run against the Cardinal defense? Yet their terrible running game has a good day at Ram expense? And who would have ever thought they might throw a crucial (there's that word again) touchdown pass to Fitzgerald who had single ROOKIE coverage aagainst him on the 5-yard line while there wasn't even a blitz. Hey, I don't profess to know a lot about the strategy in football and all the various schemes, but c'mon!

And sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for. I wanted Kurt Warner to have a good return to the dome. Well,he did. Thanks to a lifeless team effort including the coaching staff of the poor Rams. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

So while Janus looks back to the Super years of the Rams, she also is forced to face the future. It's not pretty. Even for this year. But there's hope come draft day, when a new coach can listen to the Shaws and Zygmuts and Armeys. And select another pick like Damione Lewis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home