On the QT

Friday, June 01, 2007


BROKEN IN THE WEST
Backs are more easily broken out West. After two back surgeries for a herniated disk, my wife has resumed normal activities. I have not.
I find myself in the office of a chiropractor who "can't stop loving me". Well, he'll have to because I have two days off before I see him again on Monday. Oh yeah, to clarify--his name is Ray Charles.
And he's good. At least I'm making improvements in the sciatica that has taken control of my lower left leg. L5, S1 is the problematic area. And after a few pain pills, advil, exercise, and golf when I desired didn't alleviate the problem, I sought out a chiropractor who had helped a friend of mine, who contracted the same ailment at the same time. He's over his thank goodness.
After following Dr. Charles' plan, no golf and lengthy heat/ice treatments, along with 30 minutes a day on the table where I get pressured, decomposed, ultra-sounded, and pushed, I'm breathing better and feeling less pain.
But if I were the doctor, I would never take away golf. And in Arizona, I'd advise a fanny pack or two filled with ice, strapped to the desired area and a 11:00 AM tee time. That way I'd get heat and ice at the same time. Just strap me in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home