On the QT

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

SO I'VE BEEN WHERE?

As you can tell, I canned my novel idea (of course, pun intended)  to publish small versions of it On The QT.  I really didn't write myself into a corner, though that's not out of the realm of what I'm capable of, but I just didn't seem to have much story to tell.

So, where have I been since  my final installment?  East coast of Florida, Puerto Rico, Turks and Caicos, US Virgin Islands, and the coolest place I've ever been.  The writer in me tells me to be suspenseful and withhold its identity, so I will.  The West coast of Florida where for years I thought we might spend retirement.

Also, I've been home and lived through tile and bathrooms remodeling.  Of course, church and bible studies, and one amazing evening of joyful worship highlighting the music in our church, celebrating 50 years. 

Out to eat with friends and relatives,  One lousy farmers market without a single purchase.  One great evening at The Birds' Nest at the WM Phoenix Open.  A lot of golf, much of it courtesy of a huge discount provided by the Tales of the Tour at the Phoenix Open.

In front of the computer and tv.  The limited shows I watch are Hawaii 5-0,  American Idol, The Amazing Race, Survivor, The Choice (I think that's the name; I always refer to it as "The turn around show "because its name not just escapes, but abandons me), and my favorite Shark Tank.  Sprinkle in a little college basketball--gosh Illinois plays awful, and a little tv golf, a very little O'Reilly and Hannity, even less ESPN analysts and local news and weather, some decades old Billy Graham crusades and you have my total wall viewing.  Wall viewing?  Yes, instead of a box as in idiot box, we paid way too much for a flatscreen with frame that hangs on our family room wall.

And the coolest place I've been to is Half Moon Bay.  It's a private island owned or co-owned for all I know by Holland America cruise line. 

No more explanation for now.  I know about suspense and leaving my reader(s) wanting more.

It's good to be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home