On the QT

Saturday, September 29, 2012

EXPRESSIONS

This one, I could simply leave to you.  A fill in the blanker.  That is, what's disgusted her?

Well, if it were actually a fill in the blank, my entry for this day would be finished.  You need a little help?  OK.

She hates her new hair style. "I hate my hair.  Why did you let me get it cut like that?"  I've actually heard that a few times from my wife, whose hair never looks bad.  And if she decided she wanted shorter hair, who am I to tell her no?

Or.  She's had an umpteenth call from a telemarketer or surveyor.  Not a land surveyor but one who phones out of the blue and requests just a brief ten question survey that is needed to be completed by me.  "I was really hoping you would call because I'm never busy at 6:00 PM and full of opinions on that subject," no one ever said.

Or.  She's seen something really gross, or worse she's stepped in/on something really gross.  A few weeks ago, we had an enormous winged creature with hard shell and cockroach-like sticky legs that moved sluggishly across our kitchen floor around 10 PM.  When I first saw it, I thought it to be a small mouse.  When I threw my shoe on it, I connected which  enabled me to stomp the intruder into our tile floor.  I didn't make quite the face, but it was pretty disgusting.

Or.  I, in all my humanity, have left that impression on her for something I did, said, or didn't do or say. I've had that effect on girls from junior high through junior college.  A few teachers, too.

OK.  There you have it.  Four choices.  Or none of the above.  You are limited only by your imagination.

But I hope you don't get that look.  Unless you want to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home