On the QT

Thursday, March 29, 2012

SPIDEY

Last night on Survivor, a guy whose name eludes me,(Troy?) went looking for the immunity idol.  He found it.  But before he did, he stuck his hand in a dark, dank, dirty tree hole. 

The camera focused on another indentation that showed teeth and kinda scales.  It almost looked like an eel.  Fortunately he didn't try that opening.

Stephen King once said the scariest thing for him was what was behind the closed door.  For me, it's what's inside something I can't see. 

Some kind of elongated object would have been a requirement for me to shovel out the inside of the tree.  I would have tried to find the idol, but by shovel or scoop-- not by exposing my precious bare hand. 

It's not as if I haven't made use of bare paws for a variety of gross, sludgy, mucky types of goo, some more solid than others.  But it was always by the light of a clear, bright illumination and no concealing darkness.  Even if I had to turn my head away for awhile.

It's a simple credo: no see/no feel.   Not without protection.  Not without distance.  Not without an escape path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home