On the QT

Saturday, June 02, 2007




A CORNUCOPIA OF HAIR




I marvel at those who wear their hair more than one way. Ok, mostly they're girls or Sanjaya, but I've known guys that could change their hairstyles. My speck of Native American blood is perhaps the reason my straight hair is well, straight.


Now sprinkled with more than flecks of gray (or grey). I think I prefer grey; it doesn't reek of age. No patches, thank heavens, yet, but they will come. Also, I wondering at what point I should call the Arizona Dept. of Motor Vehicles to report that my hair is grey rather than brown. It's coming.


But even all grey or partial balding, if it comes, but I doubt it, should still lay straight. Technically it should be lie, but as hair lays is an idiom. So lay it will be.


So straight no part will hold, so thick no part will divide, so indiscriminate, so blase, my hair exists. But it is stubborn in its strength.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home